You can A/B test the efficacy of messaging by sending two different messages to the same target audience. Since every customer situation is unique, we will use an example scenario to explain the A/B testing. You can use this as a guide and customize your A/B testing accordingly.
Scenario: Figure which messaging works best before launching a campaign to 5K new contacts (2nd& 3rd plus).
- Select a target market with common attributes. Make sure that your target market mostly has common characteristics, e.g., job titles, industry and company headcount. The idea is to have distinctly separate messages going to the same set of audience.
- Split your search. Break down your target audience of 5K contacts into seven searches. Four searches of 1000 contacts each, one search of 800 contacts and two searches of 100 contacts each. (If you need help doing it, please refer to this article). For this example, let's give them list name 1,2,3,4,5,6,&7.
- Write Effective messages: Write two messages or two series containing follow-ups. Title them separately and save them as templates. Example: (Invite Msg -A, Invite Msg -B), (Thx after connect-A, Thx after connect-B), (FollowUp1-A, FollowUp 1-B).
- Create campaign A: Create one “Invite New connection” campaigns for list 6 (100 contacts) with message A or message series A depending on how many messages you want to send. Name this campaign “Test campaign- A”
- Create campaign B. Create another “Invite New connection” campaigns for list 7 (100 contacts) with message B or message series B depending on how many messages you want to send. Name this campaign “Test- Campaign B.”
- Launch campaign “Campaign-A": It may take 1-3 days to complete depending on your campaign settings. If you do not want to wait for the entire campaign to complete, you can pause it earlier.
- Launch campaign “Campaign-B”: As soon as campaign A completes ( or you pause it), launch campaign B. It may take 1-3 days to complete depending on your campaign settings. Note: If you sent a series of messages, please wait for a few extra days for both campaigns so that the prospects can get all the messages after connecting.
- Compare and select. Now compare the results of both campaigns. Select the messaging that got you more invites accepted and replies. You can now use this messaging for the rest of your 4800 contacts.